GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

HARLETON

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"HARLETON, a parish in the hundred of Wetherley, county Cambridge, 3 miles west of the Harston station on the Cambridge and Hitchen railway, and 6 south-west of Cambridge, its post town. The parish, which is small, is situated near the river Rhea, and on the old Roman road to Cambridge. The soil is clayey, and the land chiefly arable. It includes the township of Bagley. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value 2313, in the patronage of Jesus College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a parochial school for both sexes, which has an endowment of £17 10s. per annum. Here is a meet for the Cambridgeshire hounds."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014