"HASLINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Wetherley, county Cambridge, 5½ miles south-west of Cambridge, and 2 north of the Harston railway station. The village is situated on the river Cam, which bounds the parish on the east. Dr. Wendy is said to have had the honour of entertaining Queen Elizabeth in his mansion here, now the property of Lord Delawarr. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £650. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £650. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a lofty embattled tower. It contains some monuments to Sir Thomas Wendy and family. There is a National school, endowed by Simon Estman, a native of Denmark, with £40 per annum, also an infant school. The other charities produce £67 per annum."
"LORD'S BRIDGE, a hamlet in the parish of Haslingfield and the hundred of Chesterton, county Cambridge, 5½ miles from Cambridge. It is a station on the Cambridge, Bedford, and Bletchley section of the London and North-Western railway."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
The Monumental Inscriptions of All Saints inside the church for the years 1612-1947 and in the churchyard for the years 1744-1988 are recorded in the Cambridge Records Office. The transcriptions of the monumental inscriptions are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list available
"The church of All Saints is a spacious edifice of clunch and stone in the Early Decorated and Perpendicular styles, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, north and south porches and a fine embattled western tower, erected stout 1460, with octagonal pinnacles and a low spire and containing a clock and 5 bells the tower was restored in 1898 at a cost of £700. and again in 1900 : the chancel dates from about 1300, and its windows, as well as those in the aisles, retain some ancient glass: the aisle roofs are very fine Early Decorated, with elaborate mouldings, flowing tracery and rich foliaged bosses: the benches are all of carved oak : the chancel and nave were restored in 1875-9, when two stained windows and a vestry and organ chamber were added and the chancel roof decorated, at a cost of £1,650 : in the chancel are four monuments to the Wendy family: the church affords about 700 sittings, 500 of which are free. The register dates from the year 1709. "
"There is a Primitive Methodist chapel here." [Kelly's Directory - 1929]
Haslingfield, All Saints: Records of baptisms 1709-1853, marriages 1710-1968, burials 1710-1961, banns for 1754-1969 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives.The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1641 and 1661-1873 can be found in the Cambridge University Library, indexed transcripts for the years 1599-1642 and 1661-1711 reside in the Cambridge Record Office. Indexes to transcripts exist in Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1709-1909, marriages 1701-1836, 1837-1909, and burials 1709-1873, 1874-1929. The parish records 1599-1996 are available on microfiche from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm), 1829-32 and 1880-1948.