[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"HASLINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of WETHERLEY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (S.W. by S.) from Cambridge, containing 544 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. 10. 7. C. Mitchell, Esq. was patron -in 1800. The church, which is dedicated to All Saints, was erected in 1852 j it is in the early style of English architecture. A charity school was founded by Simon Ertman, a Dane, who died here in 1658; the present income is £28 per annum. In a chapel dedicated to the Virgin, and formerly much resorted to, a pair of huge iron fetters was hung up, as a votive offering, by one Lord Scales, in commemoration of his Release from imprisonment."