Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HASLINGFIELD is a parish, bounded on the east by the river Cam, 2 miles north from Harston station on the Hitchin and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 5½ south-west-by-south from Cambridge, in the hundred of Wetherley, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Chesterton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. Lord's Bridge station on the Cambridge, Bedford and Bletchley line of the London, Midland and Scottish railway is in the north part of the parish.
A portion of the Manor House remains, with the moat. The soil is chalky and clay; subsoil, chalk and clay. The chief crops are fruit. wheat, beans and oats. The area is 2,564 acres of land and 9 of water; the population la 1921 was 590."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]