"HATLEY ST. GEORGE, (or Hunger Hatley), a parish in the hundred of Longstow, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-east of Polton, its post town, 10 north-west of Royston, and 7 east of Sandy railway station. The manor belonged to the family of St. George from the reign of Henry III. to the close of the last century. The village is very small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £126. In the parish church, which was built in 1352, are some memorials of the family of St. George, including a brass of Sir Baldwin St. George, who died in 1425. The register dates from 1589. Combe Grove and Hayley Wood are places in the vicinity. The principal residence is Hatley Park.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"The church of St. George, built in 1352 and standing in Hatley park, is an edifice of stone in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave and a lofty embattled western tower, rebuilt in 1625, and containing 2 bells : there are memorials of the family of St. George, baronets, including a brass with effigy in armour to Sir Baldwin St. George, who died in 1425 the church was restored by the late John Carbery Evans esq. J.P. and re-opened in 1878, and affords 100 sittings. The register dates from the year 1569." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Hatley St. George, St. George: Records of baptisms 1589-1977, marriages 1591-1974, burials 1590-1980 and banns for 1754-1812, 1879-1975 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, indexed transcripts exist for the years baptisms 1589-1812, marriages 1591-1837 and burials 1590-1812. The transcripts of the parish records for the years 1591-1837 are also available on microfiche from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list.The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1600-1700, 1712-1836 can be found in the Cambridge University Library.
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm), 1829-32 and 1946-1948.