[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HATLEY ST. GEORGE is a parish, 2 miles east from Gamlingay station on the Bedford and Cambridge line of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, 10 north-west from Royston and about 14 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstow, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
Hatley Park is the seat of Ernest Ridgill esq. who is lord of the manor and the principal landowner; the mansion is of brick with stone dressings in the Italian style of the early 18th century, and stands in a well-wooded park of 300 acres. The soil is clay subsoil, boulder clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,011 acres of laud and inland water; the population in 1921 was 67.
HATLEY ST. GEORGE Civil parish united with East Hatley in 1956."