[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"HAUXTON is a parish on the banks of the river Cam and the London road, about 1 mile north-east from Harston station on the Hitchin and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, and 4 miles south-south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Thriplow, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is chalky and clay; subsoil, chalk arid clay. The chief crops are wheat and oats. The area is 592 acres of land and 9 of water: the population in 1921 was 260 in the civil parish and 457 in the ecclesiastical parish."