GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

HAUXTON

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"HAUXTON, a parish in the hundred of Thriplow, county Cambridge, 4 miles south-west of Cambridge, and 1 mile from Harston railway station. It is a small agricultural parish and village situated on the banks of the Cam, near the Mill Bridge. The London road and the Great Eastern railway pass through the parish. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Newton, in the diocese of Ely, value together £164, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church, dedicated to St. Edmund, has a Norman doorway. The charities produce £1 per annum."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014