[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HINXTON, a parish in the hundred of WHITTLESFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Linton, containing 312 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. 5. 2., and inthe patronage of the Master and Fellows of Jesus College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."