[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"HISTON is a parish and village, with a station, about 1 mile north-east, on the Cambridge, St. Ives and Huntingdon line of the Great Eastern railway, 62¼ miles from London by rail and 3 north-west from Cambridge, in the Western division of the county, hundred and union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The land produces excellent crops of grain and turnips, market garden produce and great quantities of fruit, from which Cambridge, London and other markets derive large supplies. The area is 2,162 acres; rateable value, £4,366; the population in 1891 was 948.
By the Divided Parishes Act, in 1882, and Local Government Board Order 18,936 (March 25, 1886), detached parts of Histon were added to Impington."