[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"HORNINGSEA, a parish in the hundred of FIENDISH, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (N. E.) from Cambridge, containing 285 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of St. John's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. At an early period here was a considerable monastery of royal foundation, but it was destroyed by the Danes about 870."