[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"IMPINGTON, a parish in the hundred of NORTHSTOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 3 miles (N.) from Cambridge, containing 149 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. 7., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Ely. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has portions in the decorated, with insertions in the later, style of English architecture. This place had anciently a market and a fair."