[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"IMPINGTON is a small parish, 3 miles north from Cambridge, and immediately adjacent to Histon station on the St. Ives and Cambridge section of the Great Eastern railway, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Northstow, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is red loam and stiff clay; subsoil, clay, producing good crops of wheat and barley; it is also excellent fruit growing land. The area is 1,668 acres; rateable value, £3,4I7; the population in 1881 was 398, and in 1891 was 418. By the Divided Parishes Act, 1882, and Local Government Board Order, No. 18,936 (March 24, 1886), detached parts of Histon were added to Impington."