GENUKI Home page    Isleham Parish<br>main page Isleham
Parish
main page

ISLEHAM:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1848.

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[Extracted from Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 7th edition 1848]

"ISLEHAM (St Andrew), a parish, in the union of Newmarket, hundred of Staploe, County of Cambridge, 4½ miles (W.) from Mildenhall; containing 2127 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 5000 acres, and is intersected by the river Lark, which communicates with the Cam; the road from Ely to Mildenhall passes within two miles. Stone is quarried for building purposes and for burning into lime."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 7th edition 1848]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014