[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"KENNETT is a small parish, on the Suffolk border of the county, with a station on the Cambridge and Bury branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 70 miles from London and 4 north-east from Newmarket, in the hundred of Staploe, Newmarket union and petty sessional division and county court district, rural deanery of Fordham and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The village derives its name from the brook on which it stands, which was called Kennet, or Kent, by the Iberians, a name given by them to several small streams, notably in Berks, Westmorland, Sussex and Wilts.
The soil is mainly light; subsoil, gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,425 acres of land and 6 of water; the population in 1021 was 154."