"KINGSTON, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, county Cambridge, 3 miles south-east of Caxton, its post town, and 8 south-east of Cambridge. The land is chiefly pasture and wood. The village, which is now an inconsiderable place, was formerly a market town, and two fairs were held annually, but these have long been discontinued. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1810. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints and St. Andrew, is an ancient structure with low tower. The charities produce £26 per annum, half of which goes to the support of Todd's school."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"The church of All Saints and St. Andrew is a structure of rubble in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, and consists of chancel, clerestoried nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower with turret on the north side and containing 2 bells; the north well of the chancel retains a small recess, probably a reliquary, and on both sides are arches with plate tracery: there is an ancient chancel screen, beautifully carved, and a Decorated font with octagonal basin, supported on low shafts with trefoiled arches under crocketed canopies, and a fine old Jacobean pulpit: the arcades of the nave are Perpendicular: the church chest is of rude construction, with strong iron work: the church was restored in 1895 at a cost of £1,600, and affords 130 sittings. The register dates from the year 1570." [Kelly's Directory - 1929]
Kingston, All Saints and St. Andrew: Records of baptisms 11673-1899, marriages 1659-73, 1688-1991, burials 1654-1875 and banns 1754-1832 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1660, 1676-83, 1711-81 and 1813-77 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for marriages 1589-1647 and 1658-1837.
"This place had formerly a market on Thursdays, granted in 1305 to Sir Constantine Mortimer, together with two fairs, one at the festival of St. Margaret, for six days, the other for three days at the festival of St. Luke: the market and fairs have long since become obsolete." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
You can see pictures of Kingston which are provided by:
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm), 1829-32 and 1946-48.