Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"KINGSTON is a parish about 8 miles north from Royston station on the Hitchin, Royston and Cambridge line of the London and North Eastern railway, 4 miles east from the Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and 8 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstow, petty sessional division of Caxton, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is clay and gravel; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 1,907 acres the population in 1921 was 173."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]