"KINGSTON, a parish in the hundred of Longstow, county Cambridge, 3 miles south-east of Caxton, its post town, and 8 south-east of Cambridge. The land is chiefly pasture and wood. The village, which is now an inconsiderable place, was formerly a market town, and two fairs were held annually, but these have long been discontinued. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under an Enclosure Act in 1810. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints and St. Andrew, is an ancient structure with low tower. The charities produce £26 per annum, half of which goes to the support of Todd's school."