[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"KNAPWELL is a parish about 4 miles south from Swavesey station on the St. Ives and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 8 west-by-north from Cambridge and about 8 south-east from Huntingdon, in the hundred of Papworth, union of Caxton and Arrington, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is stiff clay; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley and beans. The area is 1,236 acres; the population in 1921 was 126."