"KNAPWELL, a parish in the hundred of Papworth, county Cambridge, 4 miles south of Swavesey, 5 north-east of Caxton, and 8 north-west of Cambridge. The parish is wholly agricultural and very woody. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1775. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £150. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with a low tower. The charities produce about £8 per annum. There is a school supported by subscription."