"LANDBEACH, a parish in the hundred of Northstow, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-east of Cambridge, its post town, and 1½ mile from the Waterbeach railway station. It is a small agricultural parish situated on the line of the Ely railway. The main road from Cambridge to Ely passes through a portion of the parish. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1807. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £633, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is built of rubble and stone. It has a square embattled tower, surmounted by a spire. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum, with some almshouses. There is a National school, and place of worship for Baptists."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"The church of All Saints is a building of rubble and stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, chantry (restored in 1878 and now used as a vestry), south porch and an embattled western tower with spire containing 4 bells: there are monuments to several former rectors, viz.: Henry Clifford, 1616; J. Mickleburgh, 1756; T. C. Burroughes, 1821, and Edward Addison, 1821-43; and one to William Rawley D.D. ob. 1667, chaplain to Francis, Lord Verulam: there is some fine carved woodwork, and four stalls with misereres, two of which bear the arms of former bishops of Ely: the nave has a fine Early Perpendicular roof with tie beams, and large figures of angels projecting from each corbel: in the north aisle is a canopied monument of the Decorated period: in 1878 the church was restored at a cost of £1,940, and the spire at a further expense of £80: a new organ was provided in 1910 at a cost of £350: there are 200 sittings. The register dates from the year 1538."
In the churchyard is a stone cross. erected in 1920, in memory of the men of the parish who fell in the Great War, 1914-18. Archbishop Parker was rector here from 1545 to 1554.
There is a Baptist chapel, erected in 1854, with 320 sittings." [Kelly's Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Landbeach, All Saints: Records exist on microfilm for baptisms 1538-1880, marriages 1539-1936, 1938-55, burials 1538-1913 and banns for 1756-1957 and reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, indexed transcripts exist for baptisms and burials, 1538-1851 and marriages 1538-1837. Baptism records for 1880-1997 also reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. The indexed transcripts of the registers are available in full transcript form, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1691, 1671-90, 1702-1867 can be found in the Cambridge University Library.
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm), 1829-32 and 1880-1948.