"LANDBEACH, a parish in the hundred of Northstow, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-east of Cambridge, its post town, and 1½ mile from the Waterbeach railway station. It is a small agricultural parish situated on the line of the Ely railway. The main road from Cambridge to Ely passes through a portion of the parish. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1807. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £633, in the patronage of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is built of rubble and stone. It has a square embattled tower, surmounted by a spire. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum, with some almshouses. There is a National school, and place of worship for Baptists."