[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"LANDWADE, a parish in the hundred of STAPLOE, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (N. N. W.) from Newmarket, containing 20 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Exning, in the archdeaconry of Sudbury, and diocese of Norwich. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The remains of the ancient manor-house exhibit a specimen of the domestic architecture of the sixteenth century."