Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"LANDWADE is a parish, 4 miles north-west from Newmarket station, in the hundred of Staploe, union, petty sessional division and county court district of Newmarket rural deanery of Newmarket, archdeaconry of Sudbury and diocese of St. Edmundsbury and Ipswich.
The soil is various. The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats and turnips. The area is 127 acres; the population in 1921 was 33.
LANDWADE Civil parish united with Fordham in 1953, but to be separated from Fordham and transferred to Suffolk in 1994."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]