GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

LANDWADE

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"LANDWADE, a parish in the hundred of Staploe, county Cambridge, 3 miles north-west of Newmarket, its post town. It is a small parish adjoining that of Burwell. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. Here is an old moated seat of the Cottons of Madingley, who inherited it through the Hastings, in which family the manor has been since the reign of Edward IIL The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Exning, in the diocese of Ely. The church is a cruciform structure dedicated to St. Nicholas. It contains six marble monuments to the Cotton family."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

Probate Records

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014