[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"LEVERINGTON, a parish in the hundred of WisBEACH, Isle-of-ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 2 miles (N.W.) from Wisbeach, containing, with the chapelry of Parson-Drove, 1523 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Bishop of Ely, rated in the king's books at £25. 0. 7. The church is dedicated to St. Leonard and St. John the Baptist. There is a school for teaching poor children, endowed with £20 per annum, paid out of the produce of lands supposed to have belonged to the hospital of St. John the Baptist, which existed here before the Reformation. At Fitton, in this parish, there was, in 1389, a chantry chapel, dedicated to St. Mary."
"PARSON-DROVE, a chapelry in the parish of LEVERINGTON, hundred of WISBEACH, Isle of ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (W.by S.) fromWisbeach, containing 675 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with the rectory of Leverington, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely. The chapel is dedicated to St. John the Baptist. A school is supported by annual subscriptions amounting to about £15."