"LITLINGTON, (or Littlington)a parish in the hundred of Armingford, county Cambridge, 3 miles north-west of Royston, its post town, and 3 north-east of the Ashwell railway station. The village, which is small, is situated between the ancient Icknield Street and the Roman way to Cambridge. Many Roman cinerary urns and a tesselated pavement were found here in 1822, and were sent to Clare Hall library. The soil is a light white loam and gravel, on a substratum of chalk, and has been much improved by drainage. The great tithes, belonging to Clare Hall, Cambridge, have been commuted for a rent-charge of £550, and the vicarial for £225. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value £141, in the patronage of Clare Hall, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. Catherine, has a tower containing 5 bells. The church has several ancient tombs. The register dates from 1662. The parochial charities produce about £17 per annum. There is a newly erected National school: also places of worship for the Independents and Primitive Methodists.