"LITTLE ABINGTON, a parish and village in the hundred of Chilford, in the county of Cambridge, close to Great Abington, and on the north side of the river Grants. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £87, and in the patronage of T. Mortlock, Esq. The church, which formerly belonged to Pentney Abbey, is dedicated to St. Mary. It has a double niche in the chancel, and contains the tombs of the Daltons
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
The Monumental Inscriptions in the graveyard of St. Mary are recorded in the Cambridge Records Office for the years 1735-1982. Afew selected incriptions from inside he church are recorded for the years 1724-1813.
The church of St. Mary is an ancient structure of flint and rubble, in the Norman and Early English styles, consisting of chancel, nave, north transept, south porch and an embattled western tower containing one bell : the church was thoroughly restored in 1885, when a stained east window was presented by. the late Edmund John Mortlock esq. : there are 120 sittings. The register dates from about the year 1668. [Kelly's Directory - 1929]
Little Abington, St. Mary: Records of baptisms 1687-1898, marriages 1687-2000, burials 1687-1953 and banns for 1757-1902 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, indexed transcripts exist for the years 1599-1844.The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1599-1653 and 1664-1849 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. The parish record transcripts for St Mary 1599-1844 are available on microfiche from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1759-63, 1789-1846 and 1865-1948.