Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Little Eversden, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1929.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"LITTLE EVERSDEN is a parish, 2 miles southwest from Lord's Bridge station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway and 7 south-west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstow, petty sessional division of Arrington and Melbourn, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn, and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is chalky clay and gault; subsoil, gault and clunch The chief crops are fruit (greengages), wheat, oats and barley. The area is 790 acres; the population in 1921 was 156."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]