GENUKI Home page    Little Gransden Parish<br>main page Little Gransden
Parish
main page

LITTLE GRANSDEN:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1872.

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1872]

"LITTLE GRANSDEN is a parish on the borders of Huntingdonshire, 3½ miles north-west from Gamblingay station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, 8 south-west from St. Neots and 15 west-by-south from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstowe, petty sessional division of Caxton, union of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of St. Neots, rural deanery of St. Neots, archdeaconry of Huntingdon and diocese of Ely.

The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The soil is light sand and heavy clay; subsoil, beds of stone and sand the area is 1,920 acres the population in 1921 was 227."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1872]


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014