Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Little Shelford, Cambridgeshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LITTLE SHELFORD, a parish in the hundred of THRIPLOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (S. by E..) from Cambridge, containing 438 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £ 15. 9. 7. The Rev. H. Finch was patron in 1806. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Independents. Near the bridge over the Cam, which separates Great and Little Shelford, stood anciently a hermitage."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]