[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900]
"LITTLE SHELFORD is a parish on the Cam, about half a mile west from Shelford station on the Bishop's Stortford and Cambridge branch of the Great Eastern Railway and 5 south-by-east from Cambridge, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Thriplow union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Barton and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is gravelly and chalky; the subsoil, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,196 acres ; rateable value, £2,399; the population in 1891 was 494.
The children of this parish attend the schools at Great Shelford"