"LITTLE SHELFORD, a parish in the hundred of Triplow, county Cambridge, 5 miles south-east of Cambridge, its post town, and half a mile from the Shelford railway station. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated on the road from London to Cambridge. The parish is separated from Great Shelford by the river Granta. The soil is light, being gravel upon a substratum of chalk. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment under Enclosure Acts in 1798 and 1813. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £370. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient stone structure with a tower containing five bells. The interior of the church contains effigies of Sir John de Freville, a Knight Templar of Edward II.'s time, also a brass of a priest bearing date 1470. The register dates from 1670. The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum. The Independents have a place of worship. J. E. Law, Esq., is lord of the manor.