[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LITTLEPORT, a parish in the hundred of Isle-of-ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 5 miles (N. byE.) from Ely, containing 2364 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Bishop of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8. The church is dedicated to St. George. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."