GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

LODE

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

"LODE, formerly Bottisham Lode (which includes Long-meadow and Fen), was separated from Bottisham by an Order of the Local Government Board, in November, 1894, and formed into a civil parish. It is a village on the Cambridge and Newmarket road, with a station called Bottisham and Lode, on the Cambridge and Mildenhall line of the London and North Eastern railway, and is 6 miles east from Cambridge, 8 west from Newmarket and 63 from London, in the hundred of Staine, Bottisham petty sessional division, Newmarket union and county court district, rural deanery of Quy and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.

The soil is clay; subsoil, chalk. The chief crops arc wheat, barley and oats. The area of the parish (including Bottisham, Lode and Long Meadow) is 3,133 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 569."

[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards 2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson 2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]

Cemeteries

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Description and Travel

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014