Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LOLWORTH, a parish in the hundred of NORTHSTOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (N. W. by W.) from Cambridge, containing 111 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £6. 2. 3. Sir H. Hawley, Bart., and P. Orchard, Esq., were patrons in 1786. The church is dedicated to All Saints. An extensive destruction of houses and corn, by lightning, occurred here in 1393."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]