"LONGSTANTON, is a straggling agricultural village and comprises the parishes of All Saints and St. Michael, with a station 1½ miles north from the village on the Cambridge, St. Ives and Huntingdon branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 9½ miles northwest from Cambridge by rail, 10½ south-east from Huntingdon and 65 from London, in the hundred of North Stowe, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is stiff loam; the subsoil is blue clay, producing excellent crops of wheat, barley, beans and peas. The population in 1921 of All Saints was 348; area, 1,938 acres; St. Michael population, 79 ; area, 841 acres."
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"From a decree in chancery, dated 1757, it appears that the ancestors of Sir Thomas Hatton bart. had been then possessed for more than a hundred years of the manors of Long Stanton, Cheynes, Waiwyns and Calvilles; the family of Hatton, descended from the Hattons of Cheshire, settled at Long Stanton in the reign of Queen Elizabeth, and John Hatton esq. the first of the family who resided there, was first cousin of the celebrated Sir Christopbsr Hatton ; his third son, Thomas, succeeded to the estate, and was created a baronet in 1641. The park, containing the site of the old manor house, pulled down in 1864, when the estates were sold, is now the property of J.J. Townsend esq." [Kellys Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL397664 (Lat/Lon: 52.277964, 0.046308), Longstanton which are provided by:
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 (on microfilm, 1829-32 and 1880-1948.