GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire   NeighboursNearby places

LONGSTANTON

[Transcribed and edited information mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"LONGSTANTON, is a straggling agricultural village and comprises the parishes of All Saints and St. Michael, with a station 1½ miles north from the village on the Cambridge, St. Ives and Huntingdon branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 9½ miles northwest from Cambridge by rail, 10½ south-east from Huntingdon and 65 from London, in the hundred of North Stowe, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.

The soil is stiff loam; the subsoil is blue clay, producing excellent crops of wheat, barley, beans and peas. The population in 1921 of All Saints was 348; area, 1,938 acres; St. Michael population, 79 ; area, 841 acres."

[Transcribed mainly from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2010

Census

Church History

Church Records

Manors

Military History

Taxation

This page was previously maintained by Martin Edwards until 2010


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014