"LONGSTANTON ALL SAINTS, a parish in the hundred of Northstow, county Cambridge, 6 miles north-west of Cambridge. The village is small. The bishops of Ely anciently had a palace here, at which Queen Elizabeth was entertained in 1564, when she visited the University of Cambridge. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Ely, value £155, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The parochial charities produce about £30 per annum.