"LONGSTANTON ST. MICHAEL, a parish in the hundred of Northstow, county Cambridge, 5 miles north-west of Cambridge. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £250, in the patronage of Magdalen College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Michael.
[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"The church of St. Michael, an edifice of rubble and flint, erected about 1230, is a simple yet beautiful specimen of the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and a double bell gable at the west end containing 2 bells: the chancel was taken down in 1883 and rebuilt in 1884, as nearly as possible on its pre-Reformation lines, at a cost of £600: a beautiful triplet adorns the east end, and there is a large and double piscina with semicircular intersecting arches and an aumbry: the nave was restored in 1889, at a cost of £350: the roofs of the nave and porch are covered with thatch: there are 150 sittings. The register dates from the year 1559." [Kellys Directory - Cambridgeshire - 1929]
Long Stanton St Michael: Records of baptisms 1559-1771, 1813-1968, marriages 1564-1959, burials 1559-1771, 1813-1965 and banns 1754-1818, 1893-1959 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridgeshire Archives for baptisms 1599-1968, marriages 1559-1959 and burials 1599-1965; the transcripts of the parish registers for the years 1599-1974 are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Bookstall. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1598-1652, 1662-1710, 1722-1876 can be found in the Cambridge University Library.