[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"LONGSTOWE, a parish in the hundred of LONGSTOW, county of CAMBRIDGE, 2 miles (S. S. E.) from Caxton, containing 191 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's hooks at £4. 8. 4. The Rev.W.Wright was patron in 1820. An hospital for poor sisters was founded here, and dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, in the reign of Henry III., by Walter, the then vicar."