Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"LONGSTOWE is a parish on the Huntingdonshire border of the county, half a mile west from Old North Road station on the Bedford and Cambridge branch of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, 10 north-east from Royston and 12 west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstowe, union and petty sessional division of Caxton, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is heavy clay; subsoil, strong clay. The chief crops are wheat and oats, and some land in pasture. The area is 1,544 acres the population in 1921 was 249."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]