[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"MADINGLEY is a parish in a valley, 5 miles north-west from Cambridge station and 55 from London, in the hundred of North Stowe, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of North Stowe and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
Madingley Hall, the seat of Walter Ambrose Heath Harding esq. M.A., F.L.S. is a large Elizabethan mansion. standing in a park of 300 acres: adjoining the hall is a fine stone gateway leading to the courtyard: King Edward VII. occupied this house during the time he was an undergraduate of Cambridge University. Walter Ambrose Heath Harding esq. M.A., F.L.S. is lord of the manor and the principal land-owner. The soil is clayey; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, beans and oats. The area is 5,765 acres; the population in 1921 was 222."