[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"MEPAL, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of WITCHFORD, Isle of ELY, county of CAMBRIDGE, 8 miles (W. by N.) from Ely, containing 406 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, united to the vicarage of Sutton, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Ely, rated in the king's books at £3. 6. 8. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."