[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
" MILTON is a parish and village, on the road from Cambridge to Ely and on the river Cam, 2½ miles south-west from Waterbeach station on the Ely and Cambridge branch of the London and North Eastern railway and 3½ north-north-east from Cambridge, in the hundred of North Stow, union of Chesterton, petty sessional division and county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Quy, archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is loam; subsoil, clay and gravel; a considerable portion has been laid down to grass and part is strong fen land. The crops are wheat, barley, peas, beans, potatoes and turnips. The area is 2,344 acres of land and inland water; the population in 1921 was 685; in the civil and 542 in the ecclesiastical parish.
By the Cambridge (Extension) Order, 1911, which came into operation April 1st, 1912, that part of Chesterton civil parish not added to Cambridge Municipal Borough was transferred to Milton civil parish."