[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"NEWTON NEAR CAMBRIDGE, a parish in the hundred of THRIPLOW county of CAMBRIDGE, 6 miles (S.) from Cambridge containing 146 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to that of Hauxton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret."