[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835] (unless otherwise stated)
"OVER, a parish in the hundred of PAPWORTH, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (E. by S.) from St. Ives, containing 802 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £19. 0. 10., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge; the rectory, an impropriation belonging to the college, is rated at £51. 13. llf. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Baptists. Alice Walpole, in 1709, left a trifling sum for the education of children; and the late Mrs. Kirkby gave £300, since laid out in land, for the .endowment of a charity school, and the relief of poor widows."