[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"OVER is a large parish near the navigable Ouse, and 1 mile north-by-east from Swavesey station on the St. Ives and Cambridge section of the London and North Eastern railway, 5 east from St. Ives and 9 north-west from Cambridge in the hundred of Papworth, union of St Ives, Cambridge petty sessional division, county court district of Huntingdon, North Stowe rural deanery and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is strong clay; subsoil, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats, beans and garden produce. The area is 3,717 acres of land and 20 of water; the population in 1921 was 196."