Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"PAMPISFORD, a parish in the hundred of CHILFORD, county of CAMBRIDGE, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Linton, containing 285 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Ely, rated in the king's books at £8, endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Trustees of J. Mortlock, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is principally in the Norman style of architecture."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]