Geographical and Historical information from the year 1929.
[Transcribed and edited information mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]
"PAMPISFORD is a parish and village, with a station 14 miles north-east from the village, on the Cambridge and Melford branch of the London and North Eastern railway, 1½ miles north-east from Whittlesford station on the main line of the same system, 8 south from Cambridge, 5 west from Linton, 8 north from Saffron Walden and 53¾ by rail or 47 by road from London, in the hundred of Chilford, union and petty sessional division of Linton, county court district of Saffron Walden, rural deanery of Camps and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely.
The soil is mixed, and the subsoil chalk and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and eats. Tile area is 1,607 acres; the population in 1921 was 255."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929]